[dev] [st] Larger HISTSIZE consumes huge memory

From: Techno Implant <burhansylhet_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 19:39:07 +0600

With HISTSIZE being 2000 memory consumed is around 8MiB
And for 40000 it's 120MiB. This is a large number for terminal.
Whereas for urxvt I set saveLines to 65000 and it consumes less around
8MiB. It increases when I have more lines in scrollback .

So my question is if there's a patch that can make st handle
scrollback lines dynamically rather than preallocate.

And also will there be any daemon mode available for st?