Re: [dev] Privilege escalation on remote hosts. MANY remote hosts.

From: Anselm Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2017 17:14:55 +0200

On 23 September 2017 at 01:51, <sylvain.bertrand_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> This topic was discussed earlier: no, go is not worth it. It's really a bad
> compromise against simple and explicit C. Wrong again: simple and explicit C is

Not sure who came up with that conclusion. Granted, you can solve many
problems surprinsingly well with plain C. But I consider Go as a
suckless option because of:

- The only OO-way almost done right
- CSP
- statically linked binaries

The GC in Go is a consequence of its concurrency approach -- when you
solve problems with a high degree of concurrency, maintaining memory
properly can become a hard task. And Go adopted CSP quite seriously in
contrast to regular imperative languages that don't even provide
language constructs that come close.

I cannot confirm that suckless has ever been opposed to Go.

BR,
Anselm