Re: [dev] [dvtm] alt screen

From: Greg Reagle <greg.reagle_AT_umbc.edu>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2017 23:33:41 -0500

On Wed, Nov 8, 2017, at 14:55, Cág wrote:
> Is there a way to disable the alternate screen in dvtm?
> If there isn't, any plans?

The ability to disable the alternate screen does not seems to be built
into dvtm. I do not see a patch to do so. If you write a patch to do
so, the author might be willing to link to it from
https://github.com/martanne/dvtm#patches.

According to http://shallowsky.com/linux/noaltscreen.html, another way
to disable the alternate screen is to change the terminfo entry to
remove rmcup and smcup. Have you tried that? To do so, edit dvtm.info,
remove the smcup and rmcup lines, and re-run make install (I had to
"sudo rm -i /usr/local/share/terminfo/d/dvtm*" before re-running make
install.). I tried it and it seems to work. Make sure that the rmcup
and smcup entries are gone by running infocmp dvtm.