Re: [dev] [st] How can I scroll up in emacs

From: Eric Pruitt <eric.pruitt_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2017 22:38:20 -0800

On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 10:39:10PM +0800, Amos Bird wrote:
> Mouse wheel events are translated to key presses. ^E and ^Y are for
> Vi/Vim/less. Change it in config.h to work with EMACS if you like.

This is wrong. Applications that support the X11 TTY extensions are sent
dedicated escape sequences whenever there's a mouse a event, scrolling
included. If an application does not support the extensions, then the ^Y
/ ^E (or whatever you have configured in config.h) is sent. For example,
I have mouse support in tmux disabled, so when I switch to copy mode and
use my mouse, scrolling works via ^E / ^Y, but if I open Vim and run
":set mouse=a", scrolling is communicated to Vim as "^[[Ma,8" /

On Sat, Nov 18, 2017 at 02:22:39PM +0800, Amos Bird wrote:
> Thanks! But why does scrolling work in tmux then?

Can you use the mouse if you run EMACS without running it inside of
tmux? If not, have you configured EMACS to use the mouse i.e.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18198387/ ?

Eric