Re: [dev] [bc]

From: Gavin Howard <gavin.d.howard_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 13:44:08 -0600

Laslo,

I am not so good with Makefiles, so I can see your point on that.

As far as dc, technically dc is not a standard, so if you
standards-conformant behavior, you need to write a bc that can operate
without dc. However, I will also be implementing dc in the same repo
someday. The question is which dc to implement.

About GNU extensions: this was originally implemented for toybox
(http://landley.net/toybox/), and the maintainer specifically asked
that my bc be able to run
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/kernel/time/timeconst.bc
which has basically every GNU extension. Thus, my bc will probably not
fit the suckless philosophy because the GNU extensions need to stay.
Thanks, though.

Gavin Howard