Re: [dev] [sbase] find and xargs different results than busybox

From: Quentin Rameau <quinq_AT_fifth.space>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2018 21:50:13 +0200

> Hello friends.

Hello Andrew,

> I always used busybox but now I decided to use sbase because of the simplicity and lightweight.

Nice!

> I had a script to fix /home/user files and directories permissions that always worked on busybox but fails on sbase.
> I wonder if the programs in sbase have a bug or if my commands aren't POSIX. Any insight in this is well regarded.
> Thank you.
>
> The commands-
> -find /home/user -type d -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 0775
> -find /home/user -type f -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 0664

Well, first you could have a look at the sbase find manpage.
Then indeed, check out the POSIX specs for it (also in a few cases,
sbase utils can support extension if they can be done in a portable
manner).

> In busybox they work, in sbase they return-
> -find: paths must precede expression: -print0

The error message could, maybe, be improved, but that's already a hint
to lookup in the manpage.

> -usage: xargs [-rtx] [-E eofstr] [-n num] [-s num] [cmd [arg ...]]

No stdin data.