Re: [dev] [meta] ML archive for download?

From: Silvan Jegen <s.jegen_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2018 09:07:03 +0200

Hi

On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 8:32 AM, opal hart <opal_AT_wowana.me> wrote:
> Are the suckless mailing list archives available in an importable mbox
> format? I don't see such a functionality exposed on the web archives,
> nor am I sure what software is being used to produce the archives.

Not that I am aware of.

Not being able to easily download the whole archive of an ML is
actually the biggest gripe I have with them. In Mailman (which seems
to be the most popular ML software) I have not been able to find a way
to do it. The only ML software that seems to allow this easily is the
new PublicInbox ML Archiver[0] which looks interesting. It treats MLs
like a git archive which can then be easily pulled. Sadly, the
software itself seems to be written mostly in Perl...

Cheers,

Silvan

[0] https://public-inbox.org/README.html