Re: [dev] [surf] Proxy not respected

From: Nick <suckless-dev_AT_njw.me.uk>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2018 17:43:18 +0100

Hi Peter,

Quoth Quentin Rameau:
> So maybe something's wrong with your webkitgtk/libsoup setup.

To add on to what Quentin said, webkitgtk2 hasn't always respected
the http_proxy variable, so updating it is definitely the likely fix
here. I used to have the same problem.

That said, as I laid out in a post to this mailing list in March
"[surf] unreliable loading of multiple requests over tor", the proxy
support in new webkitgtk2 is still a bit crap, at least for me and
some other users.

Nick