[dev] slstatus netspeeds component does not report speed on linux

From: John Soros <j_AT_roxor.me>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2018 20:22:07 +0200

Hi.
On my system (Linux z.y 4.18.12-200.fc28.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Oct 4
15:46:35 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux) the netspeeds
component of slstatus doesn't work at all. I get some Pib results for my
wireless network card and just 0 for my ethernet card.
I don't exactly understand how and where slstatus handles calling this
component twice, but from my debugging it is obvious it is called twice
for every slstatus update.
The issue seems to be that often, the read from the linux sys file
yields 0, and this makes the result of this component incoherent.
I really am not sure why this works, but with this patch I get reliable
and seemingly correct results. If someone can explain me how this works,
I would be very thankful.
Regards
John