Re: [dev] oasis: small linux system inspired by stali

From: Daniel Cegiełka <daniel.cegielka_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2018 23:41:35 +0100

> From: Michael Forney <mforney_AT_mforney.org>
> Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 00:00:22 -0700

> On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 2:44 PM, Marc André Tanner <mat_AT_brain-dump.org> wrote:
>> Hi Michael,

>> * Did you consider using netbsd-curses[1] instead of ncurses?
>>
>> This probably won't work as is, because libtermkey as required by
>> vis depends on the ncurses terminfo library. It might be worth
>> investigating how much work it would be to either port libtermkey
>> or provide the necessary terminfo symbols in netbsd-curses.

> I have not. I actually was originally very hesitant to include any
> curses library at all, since it seems to me like the wrong layer to
> implement a graphical UI (instead going the route of acme + 9term).

> If you find a way to use netbsd-curses (or maybe no curses at all; I
> saw you added a vt100 UI to vis), I'd be interested.

Hi,

I was able to compile vis + netbsd-curses! :) I described the problems here:

https://www.openwall.com/lists/sabotage/2018/11/23/1

Syntax highlighting etc. everything works. However, when I use ':e *',
I have to call 'reset' after closing the editor. vis some_file && :wq
etc. work correctly. Only ':e *' causes problems (so far).

Does anyone have an idea of how this problem can be solved?

Best regards,
Daniel