Re: [dev] using vis (libtermkey) and netbsd-curses (was: oasis: small linux system inspired by stali)

From: Daniel Cegiełka <daniel.cegielka_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2018 23:41:33 +0100

sob., 24 lis 2018 o 20:23 Michael Forney <mforney_AT_mforney.org> napisał(a):

> Hi Daniel,
>
> On 2018-11-24, Daniel Cegiełka <daniel.cegielka_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >

> When I looked into this, I went with a slightly different approach.
> Instead of copying from ncurses, I generated the arrays from term.h
> and an awk script.

Hi Michael,

Thx :) It was a quick solution :)

> > vis works fine, however, there is a problem when I use ':!' or ':e *'.
> > I think that the terminal settings are not restored. Does anyone have
> > an idea here how it can be solved?
>
> I can confirm the issue here. No idea about how to solve it though.

Ok, so it looks like we can probably have a bigger problem with that.
Maybe let's try to determine where this error may be generated. We
have three places to consider: vis, libtermkey and netbsd-curses.

vis:
https://github.com/martanne/vis/blob/master/ui-terminal.c#L65
https://github.com/martanne/vis/blob/master/ui-terminal-curses.c#L39

In my opinion, this may be about (missing?) calling to (def_+)
reset_prog_mode() or (def_+) reset_shell_mode()

https://github.com/martanne/vis/blob/master/ui-terminal-curses.c#L247
https://github.com/martanne/vis/blob/master/ui-terminal-curses.c#L251

http://netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi?curses_tty+3+NetBSD-current
https://linux.die.net/man/3/reset_prog_mode

In the next step, we can ask Marc André Tanner for some help.

btw. netbsd curses support ~510 color pairs :)
https://github.com/martanne/vis/blob/master/ui-terminal-curses.c#L39

Daniel