Re: [dev] xml parser

From: <sylvain.bertrand_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2019 14:51:33 +0000

On Sun, Feb 03, 2019 at 09:36:22AM +0100, Markus Wichmann wrote:
> At work, we're using libxml2. Since we are also using static linking,
> this has caused our firmware package to go from 20MB to 60MB unzipped.
> So I hope this helps you find a good package, by showing you where it
> isn't.

DOM libxml2 is really huge. It's for, advanced, full blown XML processing. It's
overkill in my case. That's why my first, quick and dirty, choice was SAX
expat.

off-topic:
I recall a talk from one of libxml2 coders on why C and not c++... it was 15
years ago, one of the main "definitive no-nos" was the ABI xD. And now we have
C APIs for c++ abominations like llvm and harfbuzz :(

--
Sylvain