Re: [dev] [dwm] new release - transition from Openbox

From: pmarin <pacogeek_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2019 12:32:32 +0100

> I've been using Openbox for several years. Is it worth switching to dwm?

I have been using dwm since version 4 (like 12 years or so, I don't remember).

Tiling window managers in general are good if you a heavy user of the
console and your other applications are a web browser or a pdf reader.

For graphics applications it depends if they works in a single window
or not. For example gimp was painful to use until it adopted the
single-window mode.

My worst experience has been with audio applications like Rosegarden
and many DAW systems to the point of witching to openbox when I needed
to use them.