[dev] Re: miniyacc

From: Daniel Cegiełka <daniel.cegielka_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2019 09:12:23 +0200

A small addition:
* miniyacc was written by Quentin Carbonneaux, who is very well known
in the suckless community (qbe, https://c9x.me).
* I did a small comparison yacc parsers and for bc.y OpenBSD's yacc
produces 50.5k binary vs 38.5k Plan 9's yacc (9base).
* miniyacc is optimized for low memory usage and here I was very
curious about the results (the generated test code is very clean vs
competition).
* I wonder if miniyacc could be a replacement for heavier parsers
(bison, OpenBSD's & Plan 9's yacc).

https://c9x.me/yacc/

Daniel