Re: [dev] [st] How do I add a keybinding to open a new ST window in the current working directory

From: Silvan Jegen <s.jegen_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2019 21:05:05 +0200

Hi

Ian Remmler <ian_AT_remmler.org> wrote:
> On Thu, May 09, 2019 at 04:27:31PM -0500, Ian Remmler wrote:
> > Then you just make a script to launch st from there and bind it to a
> > window manager shortcut or whatever.
>
> ... And I missed the bit about you not wanting to rely on the window
> manager. :) But you could always have st run the script.

It may not be exactly what he wants but I have a trivial bash alias set
up to open a new shell window in the cwd:

alias newsh='st 2> /dev/null &'

'new' is already taken on my machine but you could of course choose
another, shorter alias for this. It's not really a key binding but rather
close I would say.

Cheers,

Silvan