Re: [dev] [st] monospace rendering gaps

From: <sylvain.bertrand_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2019 20:54:34 +0000

On Fri, Dec 06, 2019 at 09:40:34PM -0800, Eric Pruitt wrote:
> I don't understand how it would be possible to have the gaps if you're
> forcing the sizes. Could you post a screenshot? Also, are you certain
> your changes are going into effect? You could test it by setting the
> bounding boxes to something ridiculously small like 0.5 for ch/cwscale
> or something like 6 pixels if you're using absolute values.

In config.h, font is
"mono:antialias=true:autohint=false"

(mono is dejavu mono)

and in the code I did force:
cwin.cw = dc.font.width;
cwin.ch = dc.font.height;

snapshot attached to this email.

It seems I may have to dive deep in font rendering to figure out what's wrong.

--
Sylvain

snap.png
(image/png attachment: snap.png)