Re: [dev] [no js web]

From: Hadrien Lacour <hadrien.lacour_AT_posteo.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 18:39:49 +0100

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 09:56:50PM +0000, sylvain.bertrand_AT_gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As some may already know I am sueing the french administration which recently
> (a couple of years) broke the support of no js web browsers.
>
> The follow up would be to deal with this issue at the EU administration level
> and the local W3C representatives.
>
> I am currently trying to get a lawyer allocated for this, and if there are any
> french citizens among suckless aware people who would like to join the party,
> do not hesitate to get in touch with me.
>
> regards,
>
> --
> Sylvain

Well, good luck with it, even if you're right on the issue. Pretty sure that
Microsoft usage in schools is the same problem: mandatory proprietary shitware
paid by the taxpayers.

Personally, I was much more scared of the DSP2 directive that basically made
Google/Apple powered smartphones mandatory for online banking/shopping. Some
banks made some completely offline OTP+QRcode devices available (for a price,
"of course"), fortunately.