Re: [dev] [slock] FDO lock event signal

From: David Phillips <david_AT_sighup.nz>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2020 13:38:44 +1200

On Sat, May 09, 2020 at 09:51:25PM +0200, Nicolo' Piazzalunga wrote:
> With dwm and slock on Arch Linux, my password manager (keepassxc) does
> not lock when I lock my screen (while it does when I suspend).
> At keepassxreboot/keepassxc github (issue 4712), they say it might be
> due to slock not sending the standard FreeDesktop.org signals that a
> lock event occurred.
> Do you know whether this is the case and it can be fixed?

slock does not currently support dbus integration, which is required for
FreeDesktop message passing as I understand it. I don't see a community patch
for it either on its patches page [1]. It's likely this is functionality you
will have to write into slock yourself, or use some sort of wrapper tool around
slock to achieve it. E.g. if there is a shell utility for sending these
messages, you might be able to write a wrapper for slock in the spirit of:

    send_session_lock_msg
    slock
    send_session_unlock_msg

I haven't played enough with dbus to know, but I presume there's a tool that
can mimic the behaviour.

BR,
David

[1]: https://tools.suckless.org/slock/patches