Re: [dev] Completeness suckless

From: Jeremy <jer_AT_jer.cx>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2021 13:25:06 -0700

On 04/09/21 10:12PM, Hadrien Lacour wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 09, 2021 at 01:07:01PM -0700, Jeremy wrote:
> > > Which goes on to show that Computer Science has nothing to do with computers and
> > > that scientists aren't necessarily the same as engineers/programmers,
> > > nor are they wiser than average.
> > > (I say that coming from one of the best universities in France; I didn't have
> > > very much respect left for the word "scientist" when I left).
> > >

> > Do architects lay brick?
> >

> No, but they better understand how bricks work. Unless "architect" just means
> "designer", nowadays, and I'm just being out of touch with the times.

I would think that the difference between a designer and an architect
is the level of detail involved.

The architect may consider power & water lines, the durability of the
structure, cost of the materials.

Offloading the work of configuring the desktop doesn't negate the
theoretical knowledge.

The practical knowledge of computer science comes from experience in a
consumer-driven, market environment. Acedamia is not that environment.