Re: [dev] Checksums and Sig files for release gzip

From: Mattias Andrée <maandree_AT_kth.se>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2021 20:08:06 +0200

On Sat, 17 Apr 2021 20:50:50 +0300
Sergey Matveev <stargrave_AT_stargrave.org> wrote:

> *** Mattias Andrée [2021-04-17 18:57]:
> >This self-hosted nonsense is ludicrous.
>
> Not agree.
>
> >It's understandable for C compilers
>
> Rust, as far as I heard/remember, was written on OCaml, that itself was
> also written on some C -- so nothing prevents its bootstrapping too, unless
> its authors thought about that. Shame on them.

No one has an OCaml compiler. If I'm going to write a compiler, I'm going to
write it in C, even if the language is C, because evenone has a C compiler.
I'm not going to use an older language just because it is older, I'm going
to use the most common language. On they that could be Rust, and then, the
it would be OK to write a rust compiler in Rust.