Re: [dev] surf: copy and paste

From: Quentin Rameau <quinq_AT_fifth.space>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 20:52:03 +0200

> Hello,

Hi Alex,

> Wanted to ask if there is any way to copy and paste text in surf like in
> any other browser, using the usual ctrl+c/v keybindings.

I don't know about “any other browser”, we have yet to produce an
exhaustive list of (I suppose you mean web) browsers.

But I think that GTK default bindings maps ^C and ^V to clipboard
access (I think there exist others, like Shift+Ins for pasting, but you
should check those).

Check that the keybindings you build don't override those though.

> Trying to use surf as my main driver.....need the copy/paste function.

You can also use the primary copy buffer instead of the clipboard,
there you just have to select text for copying it, and the middle click
for pasting it.

> And if there is a patch or some code I could use to achieve this.

You shouldn't need any.

> Thanks)))

You're welcome!