Re: [dev] [st] wide characters getting cropped

From: NRK <nrk_AT_disroot.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 02:11:15 +0600

On Wed, Oct 27, 2021 at 09:38:41AM +0200, Hiltjo Posthuma wrote:
> Its a longstanding myth st has input latency issues.
> The common quoted benchmark is wrong.

If we're thinking about the same benchmark then it's also outdated.
But regardless I didn't base my decision on that. Sometimes ago (9-10
months) I was testing out a whole bunch of different terminals, some of
the worst offenders when it comes to latency was Alacritty and Termite
IIRC.

ST, in my expereince, has been the 2nd most responsive terminal and
quite close to XTerm. But still not as responsive and thus overtime I
have switched over to it.

It would be interesting to see someone doing a proper benchmark with all
latest terminal versions, since I don't have any data to back up what I
am saying :) So take it as you may.

- NRK