Re: [dev] Is there a text editor following the UNIX philosophy?

From: Kyryl Melekhin <k.melekhin_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 11:51:29 +0000

Greg Minshall <minshall_AT_umich.edu> wrote:

> Michael,
>
> > You might like se[1]. It's a screen-oriented version of ed. It can be
> > helpful for certain editing tasks where visual feedback is wanted.
> > 1: https://github.com/screen-editor/se/
>
> very nice. thanks for the pointer!
>
> cheers, Greg

I've heard of se before, however was never able to build it. Such a shame
that a small project like this (5K loc) uses auto* hell configure and make
for no reason.

If anybody wants to go and fix the build let me know of your fork or patch
as I want to try it, out of curiosity. It's unlikely that it will replace
nextvi for me but still, I am open to explore new ideas.

Kind Regards,
Kyryl