Re: [dev] Suckless CMatrix clone

From: <fossy_AT_dnmx.org>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2022 10:54:43 -0400

> all. I'm working on a suckless cmatrix clone.
> It's not done yet, and it still suffers from constant memory leakage, but
> I'm having fun working on it.
> It already shows 50% reduced cpu/ram usage vs cmatrix, despite greatly
> improved fps. Furthermore, because it doesn't rely on ncurses, it
respects
> terminal transparency which is super cool. It works especially well with
> our own st/background-image patch.
> I just wanted to know if it would be possible to host this on suckless.org
> in the future, and what I would have to do to do that.
> I still have so much work to do. but I'm having a blast. This is by far my
> largest original computer program, and my first attempt at an open-source
> project.
> Thanks.

That is good to hear.
If you don't have fun while programming - you are doing it wrong.
Yeah I am surprised to see the matrix stuff lagg, not sure if same thing..
like there's something alike cmatrix in the `xclock` program.. and I think
that it could be better.

I thought I read that as some Matrix client lol.
I still didn't figure out how to Tor-ify ii/sic :d.

Anyways - make sure you slap a good license for those who care about
licensing (I do not). I recommend CC0+IP waiver, because it can be used on
stuff other than code.
But if you want something more simple - I recommend BSD Zero-Clause license.

Have a great day.