[dev] suckless indentation with vim

From: NRK <nrk_AT_disroot.org>
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2022 23:07:48 +0600

Hi,

The suckless coding style follows "tabs for indent, spaces for
alignment" philosophy. But afaik, vim doesn't support it natively.

I remember trying out a couple plugins from here:
https://vim.fandom.com/wiki/Indent_with_tabs,_align_with_spaces
but they all failed miserably on many cases.

'clang-format' can do this with 'UseTab: AlignWithSpaces' but it also
does a bunch of *other* stuff (which I don't like) and I also don't like
external formatters and would much rather have my editor do the
formatting as I'm typing.

If someone's using vim and follows this style, what plugin and/or
setting do you use?

- NRK