Re: [dev] Announcing a4, a dynamic terminal window manager

From: <fossy_AT_dnmx.org>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2023 07:22:15 -0500

> Many reasons. Lexi Summer Hale (https://xn--rpa.cc/irl/term.html) was
> influential. libtickit's better handling of colors was a big driver. The
> author, Paul "LeoNerd" Evans, is wonderful to work with, and also provides
> libvterm, which is more processing that shouldn't be implemented
individually
> by every terminal application.

I had to read just 2 paragraphs to understand haha.
When my health is good - I work on my text editor that's in-between Vi and
Vim.
code as simple as that of Vi, but functionality similar that off of Vim, I
guess.
Basically - there's a for-loop that can show all colors or something like
that.. I don't have a link, sorry.
I also use the ASCII escape sequence in order to COLOR the background of an
text coordinate, and it acts as a cursor.
I KNEW that ncurses sounded too complicated..
Man, you HAVE TO watch a movie (there's a sequel) called "The Gods must be
crazy". In like the 1st 20min or so - they explain how societies
complicate our
lives in order to just.. well.. exist. And then they show how simple some
tribes live lol.. it's similar here in the software world.. except they care
even less as it's not as-if their life depends on what they do (usually
employees I mean slaves of some company), they don't give a shit how they
write
it, as long as it's easier for them and they get $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Nice talking to ya. Will check out A4 later.
Would like to know advantages of an terminal-based window manager.. it
doesn't
require X11, right? So that'd be more simplicity, less bloat, faster?