Re: [dev] [license] gpl issues

From: NRK <nrk_AT_disroot.org>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2023 23:33:43 +0600

Hi Hiltjo,

> you'd have to keep both the MIT license with the original copyright
> information.

I believe this part is true because almost all MIT style licenses (with
some exception such as `MIT-0`) have the following restriction:

        The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in
        all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

> I think you can relicense only your own changes to GPL [...]
>
> And probably explain very clearly to which new parts the GPL license applies.

However, I don't believe these are true. Because there's nothing in the
MIT license that requires tracking which part is new nor is there
anything preventing derivative work under a different license.

So my understanding is more or less the same as what Markus Wichmann
said on the other reply.

- NRK