Re: [dev] [dmenu][bug report] Second instance invisible

From: Tom Schwindl <schwindl_AT_posteo.de>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 13:12:15 +0200

On Thu, Sep 21, 2023 at 02:02:12PM +0100, Christopher Lang wrote:

> I have experienced the following bug on both arch linux and void linux.
> dmenu and dwm are both installed with config.h equal to config.def.h.
>
> I run the following shell command:
> seq 2 | dmenu && seq 3 | dmenu
> The first dmenu instance opens as expected. I hit the enter key and a 1
> is printed. However, the second dmenu instance does not appear. It
> remains invisible, but still accepts my keyboard input, behaving as if
> it were visible. I hit enter again, what I typed is printed and the
> shell command terminates with exit code 0.

I too cannot reproduce this with the latest commit "7ab0cb5ef0e1", neither
on OpenBSD nor on void linux. It would be useful to know which patches you've
applied and what the contents of your config.h actually are.

Have you already tried to use the current master with default settings?

--
Best Regards,
Tom Schwindl