Re: [dwm] horizontal/vertical layout

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_10kloc.org>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 13:25:44 +0200

On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 02:03:13AM +0200, Julian Romero wrote:
> Hi,
> to make easier the transition (home-work) between a 16:9 monitor and a
> 4:3 one, I've added the possibility to distribute clients in a
> vertical
>
> +-------+------+
> | | |
> |master |slave |
> | | |
> |--------------+
> | | | |
> | | | |
> +----+----+----+
>
> or horizontal
> +-------+-----+
> | | |
> |master |-----+
> | | |
> |-------| |
> | |-----|
> |slave | |
> +-------+-----+
>
> layout.
>
> See patch for 0.5 here
> http://wiki.mad.mw/dwm?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=dwm-0.5-horz-vert-layout.diff
>
> With Mod1-t key itt's possible to toggle between both modes.
> Mod1-b and Mod1-n makes master window bigger or narrower.
>
> As soon as I figure out how to make the layout sticky to tags I'll do it.

You really think this is a good idea? I could understand to
patch the dotile() function in Xinerama- or big resolution
setups to provide several stacks, but I really doubt adding 3
shortcuts to replace the simple zooming mechanism makes the
concept more easy to adapt. But well, feel free to do whatever
to the code what you like ;)

Regards,