Re: [dwm] dwmenu

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_10kloc.org>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 09:32:10 +0200

On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 06:51:54PM +0200, Sander van Dijk wrote:
> On 8/3/06, Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_10kloc.org> wrote:
> >Actually I consider it might be useful to include a simplified
> >version of wmiimenu as dwmenu into the source (I had a version
> >working with < 200LOC) sometime ago, based on draw.o as well.
> >(Some draw.c routines must be moved to util.c however).
> I'm not sure that's a good idea. One of dwm's main features is that
> it's such a small package, just a windowmanager, no sidekick apps.
> I do think however that a separate dwmenu-package would be a good
> idea; people who want it will know where to get it, people who don't
> want it won't get it unrequested, and you won't have to download wmii
> just to get a menu.
Yes I also came to that conclusion yesterday in the evening. I
already have a working dmenu package which will reside in a
separate repository. Currently I try to sanitize it somewhat,
but it will be very similiar to the dwm concepts. For wmii we
can think of removing wmiimenu from it as well, and have it as
separate app anyways.

Regards,