Re: [dwm] Maxed windows

From: Ross Mohn <rpmohn_AT_waxandwane.org>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 11:34:10 -0400

On Fri, 2006-08-04 at 09:27 +0200, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:

> In this case you are right. But if there is an existing popup
> already, it will be maximized as well on M-j/k. Besides this,
> there are other drawbacks with multitags, view changes,
> restoring old sizes of floating clients...

I have no problem with existing popups being maximized on M-j/k. I work
fine with this in wmii-3.

To be honest, the two modes I work most efficiently in are 1) dwm's tile
mode, and 2) wmii-3's stacked mode. I never found much use for wmii's
max mode and dwm's single client, temporary max mode is only
occasionally useful. I know it would be a significant change to add the
stacked mode to dwm but I, for one, would find it highly useful. To me,
the tile/zoom + stacked modes would make the ultimate dwm!

BTW, nice work on dmenu -- it's perfect.
-RPM