Re: [dwm] Closing windows without closing the whole program

From: Bill Puschmann <puschy_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 11:59:11 -0400

I had read the initial post the same way most of us had. "Use ctrl-w to
close windows"... unfortunately that doesn't always work.

I had been working on some diagrams with inkscape yesterday which also likes
to open up a bunch of windows for each of its tools. With wmii-3, you can
use the "MOD-shift-c" command to close them (as there are no "close" buttons
in the dialog, and the developers didn't see fit to include an "Escape"
hotkey to do the same). But with dwm, "MOD-shift-c" ends up closing the
entire application.