Re: [dwm] Max Mode Per Tag

From: Ross Mohn <rpmohn_AT_waxandwane.org>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 08:33:15 -0400

On Mon, 2006-08-07 at 08:08 +0200, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:

> Why not simply writing a domax() and setting arrange() to domax
> when in max mode? That would be much simplier than defining a
> Tag struct...

I haven't looked at 0.7 yet, but based on the 0.6 code here are my
reasons:

The arrange() variable currently affects all tag views globally. I want
to be able to choose maxmode for each tag view independently. Further, I
see the purpose of arrange() as choosing between "managed" and
"unmanaged" layouts. Then, within the managed layout I want to choose
between the tiled default and a stacked layout. The dotile() function
already deals with a max layout for (n==1), so I took advantage of that
by changing it to (n==1||tags[tsel].ismax)

The struct makes sense when you want each tag view to be able to operate
independently. In fact, there should probably be an arrange() variable
added to the tag struct so that each tag view can be managed or floated
independent of each other.

I will have a look at the 0.7 code and will no doubt have some better
ideas after seeing your changes. It's really fabulous code to work with!
-RPM