Re: [dwm] dwm-0.9 / dmenu-0.4

From: Carl Fischer <carl_AT_rez-gif.supelec.fr>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 09:42:44 +0100

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 10:23:14 +0200
Tube <tube_AT_count0.net> wrote:

> i got your point ;) it could be as simple as:
> if ( > 1 tag is selected )
> then
> deselect all tags
> jump to first (i.e. the hardcoded one in the list of tags) tag
> select that first tag
> else
> go to next tag
> endif
>
> or won't that work?

I understand that making the system perfectly rational is tricky but I
also currently cycle through the tags as if they were desktops rather
than select them directly.

I like the tag/multi-tag idea but I have yet to find keybindings that
suit me. At the moment I use 'j/m' for prev/next tag and 'k/l' for
prev/next client. Given that I have "only" 5 tags, it's as quick as
selecting the tag by number. I guess using 4 tags mapped to 'jklm'
might be OK (I like using the home row, numbers are too far away :-).

This looks like a case of patching to suit individual tastes, which is
fine by me.

Regards,

--
Carl