Re: [dwm] popup on a window in two tags : bug?

From: Sander van Dijk <a.h.vandijk_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 19:42:00 +0000

On 8/21/06, Capit Nicolas <capitn_AT_free.fr> wrote:
> Ok, I just tried and it seems to work.
> My test is with firefox and to click on the menu "Save page as ...":
> - v0.9: the new window goes to "net" tag and not on the tag "work"...
> - v hg tip : effectively the new window goes to the two tags "net" and
> "work". It is good!!!
>
> BUT
>
> when you click to "Preferences" the new window (not a transient one) goes the
> tag "net" and not also to the tag "work" (this is very curious when you do that
> with only the tag "work" selected and you don't see the preferance window...)
> Is this the normal wanted behaviour?

Well, dwm just does what the Rule says. If you don't like that, you
should change the Rule. When a window sets the transient for hint, dwm
can find out what client the pop-up originates from, and give it the
same tags; if it doesn't set transient for, I'm not sure there's any
way for dwm to know that the preferences window is in any way related
to firefox...

Greetings, Sander.