Re: [dwm] jr-patchset up to date

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_10kloc.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 12:34:52 +0200

On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 12:28:10PM +0200, Julian Romero wrote:
> I thought this minimal philosopy was only for your (or hosted)
> projects, not for infrastructure software.
> What OS are you using? It's under 10K SLOC? And apache 1.3? Or even
> Mercurial?

Apache won't be necessary, fnord or thttpd will suffice for
a simple taggi, which for itself depends on traditional Unix
software which shouldn't exceed this maximum in the general case
as well (sed, ls, grep, etc).

OS kernels are valid exceptions to the 10kloc rule, however it
is a good idea to keep the source code of OS kernels as shortest
as possible. I don't believe in a dogma 10kloc is the absolute
maximum for any software, it is a simple guideline for the
general case and most software, to keep it sane and simple.

Regards,