Re: [dwm] question about java/swing and dwm

From: Anthony Brown <agabrown_AT_xs4all.nl>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 13:31:31 +0200

On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 12:15:00PM +0200, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 12:06:45PM +0200, Anthony Brown wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 11:56:56AM +0200, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
> > > Is the behavior the same in tiled and floating mode?
> >
> > Yes, I forgot to mention that I noted this in both tiled and floating
> > mode. To be a little more specific, the plot is drawn in a JPanel
> > contained inside a JFrame. Resizing the latter has not effect on the
> > size of the plot. So the JPanel (to which the ComponentListener is
> > added) seems not to be notified of the resize event.
>
> Does the behavior occurs in wmii and dwm hg tip as well?
> (Actually did you tried a different JDK, e.g. a 1.4.x JDK? I
> heared that there are issues in newer JDKs concerning the X11
> backend of Swing).

I don't have wmii available now but it also occurs with the latest
version of dwm from the code repository (I assume this is what you mean
by "dwm hg tip"). The code depends on JDK1.5 but I can try and
experiment with a different JDK with a simple piece of test-code.

I'll get back to you if I find anything interesting.

cheers,
Anthony