Re: [dwm] remembering client order in each tag

From: Seth Graham <sether_AT_tru7h.org>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 16:13:22 -0500

Sander van Dijk wrote:

> Btw. if you're using dwm in floating mode only, you might want to take
> a look at evilwm; chances are you'll like it I think.

I've tried it, but it never sat well with me. I couldn't name why.

I used larswm for a very long time, but when my desktop size grew to
multiple monitors and the management policy didn't handle it
satisfactorily, I swapped to one of the more mainstream managers.

Fast forward a year or two where I stumble on dwm completely by chance.
Saw someone describe it as using the "best features" of larswm, and I
couldn't help but try it.

Was instantly hooked, regardless of the ordering quirks.

I got a little bit into fixing the z-ordering, but it's been years since
I've done X11 work and the stuff I was writing was ugly (plus it doesn't
compile). Then I got busy at work, etc, etc. So it's sat for weeks until
this thread reminded me about it.