Re: [dwm] remembering client order in each tag

From: Anthony Brown <agabrown_AT_xs4all.nl>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 09:37:05 +0200

On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 08:14:29AM +0200, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 07:51:36PM +0200, Anthony Brown wrote:
> > The behaviour for the latest changeset (442) is, as I described before,
> > basically they way I would expect (i.e. like) things to behave. I have
> > now also verified that z-ordering for clients with a certain tag is also
> > preserved after doing a view-all and switching back to viewing a single
> > tag. The only slight problem remaining is the mod-tab behaviour. However
> > this is only a minor irritant.
> Try hg tip, I believe now it works brilliant. isfloat-Clients
> and all clients in floating mode are untouched in the order they
> appear by reorder(). This has the effect we want in any
> combination I tried so far.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Anselm R. Garbe ><>< www.ebrag.de ><>< GPG key: 0D73F361

Okay, running hg tip.

What I observe now is that the cycling with the tab key works fine both
with mod and shift-mod. The client order is left untouched except that
the last created client always appears on top when you switch back and
forth between tags. So if I create in floating mode, say, four clients
and order them in some way and then switch to a different tag and go
back, the last created client always appears on top but the z-order of
the other three is left unchanged.

Is this the behaviour you see as well?

This is almost okay, especially when you have more than two clients.
However, with only two clients that overlap (say the editor and plot
window I mentioned before) this can be annoying.

However, I am not going to insist on fixing this.

cheers,
Anthony