Re: [dwm] improve config.mk

From: Jack J. Woehr <jwoehr_AT_absolute-performance.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 08:46:16 -0600

On Sep 7, 2006, at 4:13 AM, Sander van Dijk wrote:

> Optimization is far overrated,

About a decade ago I was working with a really good older programmer
named Frank on a huge realtime system he'd been coding for 18 years.

One of our junior programmers who was helping him proudly optimized a
loop.

Frank looked at the code change and said, "Great! Now if the system is
running 24 hours a day, you'll save about one second a year in execution
time. How long did it take you to code that?"

--
Jack J. Woehr
Director of Development