Re: [dwm] Suggested diff

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_10kloc.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 08:10:06 +0200

On Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 03:31:19PM -0600, Jack J. Woehr wrote:
> This diff or something like it? Or is this too OBSD-anal?

First of all I pretty much like the philosophy and quality of
OpenBSD. But the linker warnings are some kind of a pain in the
ass to me. In dwm strcpy is only used when strncpy would provide
no benefit. It is knows that sizeof(stext) > strlen("broken pipe"),
thus there is no justification to use str{n,l}cpy in such
situations, because strcpy is only used when the size of the copied
string is really known at compile time - you won't find any use
of strcpy of values supplied from stdin.

Regards,