Re: [dwm] dwm-1.4 / dmenu-0.8

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_10kloc.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 08:20:38 +0200

On Sat, Sep 09, 2006 at 01:18:45AM +0200, Georg Neis wrote:
> Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
>
> > dwm-1.4 contains two new shortcuts, Mod1-{g,s} for
> > growing/shrinking the current column width. This is useful for
> > me in some situations when I don't want to recompile and restart
> > dwm.
> There's a strange effect related to this if you're using unclutter.
> When you're growing/shrinking and the separator moves over the
> hidden mouse courser, then sometimes suddenly the focus changes and
> you end up growing/shrinking into the wrong direction.
This must be related to unclutters own timeouts, dwm drops all
enternotify-events it produced on its own in arrange().
Unclutter also grabs for these events and due to its
reappearance handling of the cursor it produces an enternotify
event dwm cannot drop, because dwm hasn't produced this event.
Maybe unclutter has an implementation flaw if those enternotify
events aren't declared as NotifyGrab events...
However, I see no solution despite of not using unclutter or
living with this annoyance ;)

Regards,