[dwm] Fwd: Re: maximization handling

From: David Tweed <tweed314_AT_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 16:22:21 +0000 (GMT)

|Maybe (probably?) not everywhere, but I believe definitally in most
|places, arrange!=dotile is used to make sure than dwm doesn't do stuff
|that applies only to tiled mode (such is mastertile zooming);
|arrange==dofloat on the other hand is used for stuff that applies only
|in floating mode (such is sizehint handling).

I'm just saying that you'd proably have to look through the code and
check that the tests still have the meaning you'd like with the new
mode available. For example, it's unclear whether with another `tiling
style mode' you might still want zoom to work on it (in the sense of moving
it to the front of the clients list so that the arranger can do something
with that knowledge). So probably not a huge
code change, but maybe a significant amount of reading & thinking
about the code. What I was wondering whether the new modes would
just be different placement rules, in which case you might want to
do a dispatch within dotile() rather than have something new to
assign to arrange. Dunno.

cheers, dave tweed.