Re: Re: Re: Re: [dwm] dwm-1.7.1

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_10kloc.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 15:29:18 +0200

On Fri, Sep 29, 2006 at 03:19:10PM +0200, Tube wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 29, 2006 at 11:57:59AM +0200, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
> > >
> > > did i get it right that dual head viewing will work without xinerama and
> > > without starting two instances of dwm?
> >
> > No. xinerama == 1 window manager instance for all screens,
> > no xinerama (no dual head) == several instances OR a window
> > manager with multihead support.
>
> actually, that's what i meant ;) and for which version do you plan
> multihead support (as far as i got _that_ right)?

I don't plan any specific multihead support. If you have a dual
head setup (like me at university), I recommend compiling dwm
for the left and right screen independently.

The left screen dwm should have set

#define STACKPOS StackLeft

in config.h, and the right dwm should have set

#define STACKPOS StackRight

in config.h

This way I can run

DISPLAY=:0.0 dwm.left &
DISPLAY=:0.1 dwm.right

in my .xinitrc, and I get following setup:

SMMM MMMS
SMMM MMMS

with indicating (M)aster area and (S)tacking area

Regards,