Re: [dwm] Titlebar encoding

From: Radoslaw Moszczynski <rm_AT_ipipan.waw.pl>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 19:25:50 +0100

On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 05:19:36PM +0100, Jonas Pfenniger wrote:

> It's not that bad but the titlebar and the window statuses garbled
> accents and other special chars. Is it a question of UTF-8 support ?
> I've found a X11 fix somewhere but it didn't apply to Ubuntu.

I'm not sure if I got you right, but I think what you need to do is
indicate a correct font in your config.h (ie. one whose encoding matches
the system encoding). Ubuntu probably uses UTF-8 -- efont should be a
good choice (I tried it when I was experimenting with Japanese and I was
happy with the results; which does not mean that it contains only
Japanese characters!). I can't recall the URL it can be downloaded from,
but Google is your friend.

Cheers-

        -RM