Re: [dwm] tag-used indicator dots

From: Anthony Brown <agabrown_AT_xs4all.nl>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 17:06:16 +0100

On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 04:54:25PM +0100, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 04:53:45PM +0100, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:

> > > Hm, this is better than the full rectangle, yet I find it visually
> > > unpleasing; I'd like to see the following (I'd already have tried it
> > > if I were at a unix box, but I am not):
> > > - dot in the bottom right.
> > > - line on top 3/4 width, line on the left side 1/2 height, both 1 px
> > > from the side, joining at the topleft corner.
> > >
> > > This would be pretty much like some of the stuff we've seen today, but
> > > less 3d and maybe nicer to see than the current situation (basically I
> > > just don't like the line being "angleless").
> >
> > Yeah, I also don't feel so well with the hg tip atm. I got a
> > different idea, which basically would work as follows:
> >
> > - no dot at all
> > - tags of focused client are indicated through border and bottom
> s/border/top/

Hi Anselm,

This does not work for me. It's not clear to which the tags the vertical
lines belong and I find I have to look at the status bar longer to
figure out what's going on.

The original set-up with the dots was quite satisfactory as far as I'm
concerned. A combination of dots for occupied tags and a rectangle for
the tags of the focussed client is also okay but more obtrusive than
just the dots.

cheers,
Anthony