Re: [dwm] unicode characters in status

From: Sander van Dijk <a.h.vandijk_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 08:13:33 +0100

Hi,

Not sure about the details, but if I'm not mistaken this has something
to do with font 'subsets' (that's probably not the right word). From
what I understand, there are some character subsets defined for utf-8,
and a font may support some, but not all of them. I believe xterm just
uses whatever the font provides, ignoring what it doesn't provide,
while dwm discards the font's abilities entirely if it doesn't support
all subsets. wmii worked this way too, but was recently patched to
allow 'half utf-8 capable' fonts to work.

Note that I don't really know what I'm talking about here, this is
just what I understood from a thread on the wmii mailinglist, I *may*
have gotten it completely wrong.

Greetings, Sander.