Re: [dwm] unicode characters in status

From: Sander van Dijk <a.h.vandijk_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 11:25:22 +0100

On 12/5/06, dmtry <dab_AT_dfhb.ru> wrote:
> I'll be more glad and happy if you advise me what i should read
> (links, links!) for understanding how work standart input and how i
> may prepare status text (or if you explain me). I put in .xinitrc
> "while sleep 1; do date "+%H:%M, %a, %D"; done | dwm"
> and i'm not sure that i understand how it works.

I suggest you start with reading the stdin manpage and the redirection
part of the sh manpage (type 'man stdin' in a terminal for the stdin
manpage; type 'man sh' for the sh manpage; you can search in manpages
by typing a slash followed by an expression, for instance
'/^REDIRECTION' followed by an 'enter' will take you directly to the
redirection part of the sh manpage).

Greetings, Sander.