Re: [dwm] Fwd: Re: dwm + java

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 10:23:24 +0100

On Fri, Dec 08, 2006 at 08:02:22PM +0100, Anthony Brown wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 08, 2006 at 12:30:01PM +0100, Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
> >
> > No, I think consider all places which match 'Border' being
> > uncommented (and in manage being set to 0 instead of 1)...
> > But I'm not sure those Java apps really have problems with
> > border=1... Let me know!
> >

> Hi Anselm,
>
> I fiddled around with the code a bit removing the lines with
> "XSetWindowBorder" from draw.c and also commenting out the lines in
> event.c containing "Border". This has no effect on the behaviour of the
> Java apps. I'm not sure I did the right tests so let me know if this
> info is useful.

What I'm most interested in is, how do those Java apps behave if
you don't use a WM at all. If they behave same weird, then it's
definately not a dwm fault.
Any X application which is ICCCM-compliant should work even
without a WM at all.

Regards,

--
 Anselm R. Garbe >< http://suckless.org/~arg/ >< GPG key: 0D73F361