[dwm] dwm and Sun's XToolkit

From: Anselm R. Garbe <arg_AT_suckless.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 20:57:33 +0100

Hi there,

I investigated further into the grey window oddity and found
this thread:

(Actually the compiz WM has/had the same problem as dwm).

I tried several things (supporting MWM_HINTS, supporting
WM_STATE atom, and some other stuff), but it didn't fixed the
issue yet (hence I didn't pushed those changes).

At the URL I pointed to, a patch has been posted which seems
like a good candidate to look into, because I believe it is a
problem in XToolkit, or at least having the source of
sun/awt/X11/XWM.java would really help me (but I had no success
when googling for it). If anyone can send me a copy of this
file, I'd be very happy.

Knowing what XToolkit is doing in that class would make me know,
what those Java apps expect from a WM...

Any pointers? You can also mail it me privately.

Regards,

--
 Anselm R. Garbe >< http://suckless.org/~arg/ >< GPG key: 0D73F361